Wednesday 2 March 2011

My Equipment

The main part of my equipment is my Nikon D90.  After wanting a DLSR for quite a while, I finally plucked up the courage to purchase my Nikon last July after selling some gold.  I had 2 heavy gold curb chains that I had for a number of years.  Since losing some weight after the birth of my daughter they kept falling off my wrist which worried me.  I refused to have links taken out of them because this would decrease their value, and after storing them in my drawer for 8 months, I finally told my husband that I was going to have them weighed and I was going to buy a DSLR instead. 

I'm not stupid enough to sell gold to someone who stands in a shopping centre or to put it in an envelope and send it away so I took it to Birmingham Jewellery Quarter and did it properly, got top price for it and bought my Nikon the same day.  I got it home, charged it up and went around taking pictures of anything and everything.  But there was something missing...... I've always been fascinated with macro photography.  So, at Christmas, I was lucky enough to receive a macro lens, and I think that this has become my favourite lens.

Below is my current equipment:-


This is the body of the Nikon D90


This is the Nikon 18-105 mm lens which came with the camera



This is the Nikon 55-200mm lens which also came with the camera



This is a Tamron 90mm Macro lens


This is a Cam Link 2500 Tripod



8gb Memory Card


Camera Bag

I'm not sure which additional lenses I will require at the moment.  I would love a good telephoto lens which funds wont allow.  So, I need to have a look at reviews etc and find one that I would be happy with within my budget.  I would also like a wide angle lens as sometimes you feel that you are a bit too close and a wide angle lens would compensate for this to enable me to get the bigger picture. It's not always needed but sometimes I feel it would be useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment